American fridge/freezer water dispenser control valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch KA58NP90GB/07 fridge freezer (I think its a Daewoo). The water dispenser is intermittent.Mains pressure ranges from 2.7 bar to 3.5 bar. Filter, pipework etc is fine, you can also hear the dispenser switch and solenoid valve operating. The two way water control valve (Bosch part no 00497830) was replaced last year.
I get the feeling that the valve requires a certain pressure to open and allow water to flow, 2.8 bar seems insufficient and 3.0+ bar works fine. South Estate Water tell me 0.7 bar is all they have to provide. We all know this is the same as a mouse having a pee and that 0.7 bar would cause all sorts of device and flow rate issues.
Does any expert out there have experience of what I am referring to and know the operating range of these water control valves?

Thank you all

Sponsored Links
To add a comment to the above post, does anyone know if these USEONG RIV valves suffer from hard water scale build up that prevents them from operating?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back