Another loft conversion question..toilet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,

Installing toilet in loft conversion, house has two upstairs toilets with internal soil stacks, these are vented into the loft with aav's.

I'm guessing the vent pipe are 3"', these are installed in box sections in the bathrooms.

I'm thinking my only option is to replace the 3" pipe with a 4" and extend the pipe up into the loft for the toilet, sink and shower. Then vent the pipe further up.

Which will mean dismantling the bathroom. :confused:

Can it be done like this?

Only other option is a saniflow.

Sponsored Links
Paul a Saniflo is never a good option. Do as you say and extend the existing vent pipe to service the wc in the loft, generally the AAV,s are 4".

Pete

Sponsored Links
Paul a Saniflo is never a good option. Do as you say and extend the existing vent pipe to service the wc in the loft, generally the AAV,s are 4".

Pete

But if the vent pipe is 3" I can't use this can I?

82mm soil is allowed, provided you fit a pan with an 3" outlet. (Cant reduce 110mm to 82mm, and doing so would be asking for trouble!) Would check pipework is suitable before connecting, i.e. no bends etc.

82mm soil is allowed, provided you fit a pan with an 3" outlet. (Cant reduce 110mm to 82mm, and doing so would be asking for trouble!) Would check pipework is suitable before connecting, i.e. no bends etc.

Cheers, what I thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back