Anti cut gloves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used any anticut gloves that are actually workable in? I recently damaged a nerve in my hand and looking at working with some in the future thanks.

Sponsored Links
i had some they tended to get tatty really quick, resistant to cuts, but easy to puncture on any sharp spike.

You managed to to do plumbing work with them? They weren't too bulky

I have used the same brand for many years, I do electrical panel assembly so I need to be able to move my fingers etc. while working on small stuff.
I can in my gloves, not so well at start but after a while they soften up but still give me cut protection & grip.
They also wash well.

When I can find a pair I'll pop back on here and give the brand name.

EDIT: Found them - Portwest A622 size 10.

Sponsored Links
The one I had were quite thin but not any good for gripping things like grips, screwdrivers or twisting pipe, I tended to use them when reaching under floors, pulling up boards or handling sharp equipment.

The portwest ones look better as they have a PU coating so will give grip, will give some a try myself.

At work we have a black very grippy one in for normal use, I asked them to get some of the Portwest ones in when mine were too worn to be of use (took a long time) and when they did everyone else started pinching them from the cupboard they were stored in because many preferred them.

Now I have to take a few pairs and hide them lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back