Aqualisa quartz pumped shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Aqualisa recommend a 50 gallon cold water storage tank on gravity fed systems to supply their Quartz pumped shower. Has anybody installed this shower using a 25 gallon tank and what was the performance like?

Sponsored Links
I've been in this situation recently. We have a S&T 2.25bar pump, Aqualisa shower (not Quartz), a 25 gallon tank, and a standard 900 by 450 hot tank - assume 120 litres capacity there.

The 'performance' of the shower hasn't got anything to do with the capacity of the cold tank.

It all depends on...

1) flow rates out of the shower - calculate with Aqualisa pump hand book
2) inflow to cold water storage tank from mains - you can measure
3) capacity of hot water cylinder

...and how these variables balance out

My example:

1) pumped shower outflow is 18 LPM
2) Mains inflow to cold tank is 14 LPM

i.e. a net loss of 4LPM in the cold water storage. If you have a 25 gallon tank, (100 litres or so), you'll have 25 minutes of showering before you drain the cold water tank dry.

Of course, you'll have run out of hot water long before that anyway!

We get a theoretical maximum of 12-13 minutes hot water from a full tank, but haven't in practice run it cold, even with two back to back showers. 5 minutes is plenty at a skin pummelling 18LPM!

My advice? You'll be right with 25 gallons unless you have a huge hot water tank AND like very long showers

Thanks joncox. I will check the flow rates as you suggest.

Sponsored Links
how do u measure your flow rate? I,VE just bought an aqualisa 700 and had the same query as the original poster, also I intend to pump feed the unit but my pipe runs are only 15mm, aqualise recommend 22mm under normal conditions ie without pump, do you think 15mm will be ok? havent got the pump yet,.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back