Are our skills diminishing?

..................... a few thousand/million years, our babies were being born, without anaesthetic, or soap, or stitching, or nappies, or blood drips

Having personally witnessed such births in Ethiopia, Jordan, South Africa and the UK, and feeling that you had a genuine interest in replies, I was just about to post my own views, when my wife pointed out that, for a reason known only to yourself, you were starting threads on anything and everything. And for that reason, I will curb the urge to publish my own felings on this particular thread

WHAT! You allow Mrs bolo to read the rubbish we put on this forum?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
..................... a few thousand/million years, our babies were being born, without anaesthetic, or soap, or stitching, or nappies, or blood drips

Having personally witnessed such births in Ethiopia, Jordan, South Africa and the UK, and feeling that you had a genuine interest in replies, I was just about to post my own views, when my wife pointed out that, for a reason known only to yourself, you were starting threads on anything and everything. And for that reason, I will curb the urge to publish my own felings on this particular thread

WHAT! You allow Mrs bolo to read the rubbish we put on this forum?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Exactly,........ err Mrs Bolo, your husband seems to have created an efficient wood turning machine, can he come out and play?

I don't think skills are diminishing . Rather our skills are changing/evolving to meet our modern needs. There's almost no need these days for anyone to be capable of making a suite of armour, for going into battle. The only people left now would be hobbyists and possibly historians. Stonemasons too are in less demand than they were in mediaeval times. Who'd have thought 50 yrs ago that we'd all be able to operate personal computers (far less own such items?)

And the advances made are incredible, to the point that very simple, uneducated beings know how to lift a 50 ton stone on top of two very similar upright massive stones to make Stonehenge... and then there's the Pyramids, and the Great Wall of China... a lot of talented people die without recognition or trace

But.. the Pyramids, Stonehenge and the Great Wall of China, are still there for all to see, so people have not died without recognition. We can only wonder how such structures as the Pyramids were actually built, but the fact that they were , must surely leave us in awe of man's ingenuity, in a non technological age.

I don't think skills are diminishing . Rather our skills are changing/evolving to meet our modern needs. There's almost no need these days for anyone to be capable of making a suite of armour, for going into battle. The only people left now would be hobbyists and possibly historians. Stonemasons too are in less demand than they were in mediaeval times. Who'd have thought 50 yrs ago that we'd all be able to operate personal computers (far less own such items?) .

Thanks, thats what I was trying to say. :)

Sponsored Links
Also they got the pyramids worked out now, the ramps are inside the pyramid, going up and around each side. Simples.

Also they got the pyramids worked out now, the ramps are inside the pyramid, going up and around each side. Simples.

Yeah, we got it worked out now..... !! lol.. we have masively expensive computers, and hugely experienced scientists, that have "just sussed it out".... but how the fook did people thousands of years ago actually work out what we know, and then do it... I bet the total inhabitants of St Albans could NOT build a pyramid!!!!!

The people in North Africa are not stupid, they obviously know how their forefathers built the things... :eek:

your husband seems to have created an efficient wood turning machine, can he come out and play?

Having just read through some of your threads, I get the feeling that
your idea of 'playing' means raising or contributing to threads because you have nothing else to do that is meaningful. To have a computer forum as your best friend is not my idea of real life.

He's got to say that because Mrs bolo is looking over his shoulder.

I gotta dash, Mrs Pred has taken the dogs for a walk and will be back shortly.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We are still learning new skills and inventing new things.

Necessity is the Mother of Invention.

If you need/want something then you will thing of a way to achieve it.
I have often had to devise a method to carry out a task at work, or around the home, because either no-one had marketed such a product or the ones available were prohibitively expensive.

We are still learning new skills and inventing new things.

Necessity is the Mother of Invention.

If you need/want something then you will thing of a way to achieve it.
I have often had to devise a method to carry out a task at work, or around the home, because either no-one had marketed such a product or the ones available were prohibitively expensive.

If you look back over history the British have been, and probably still are, responsible for more inventions than any other nation.

I also remember reading something about the Second World War: the Germans and Americans were supplied with tools or gadgets to provide for any conceivable need; the British had to improvise and improvise they did.

You're continuing the tradition, Conny!

Seriously, Conny, you should develop and market your ideas, or sell them to an entrepreneur who will.

How did they make it all work in a field?

It often didn't.

But it also often did, through the most obscene circumstances, and with !!!!
Obscene circumstances :confused: What like a group of Mowers , scythes in hand - watching , and stoning their blades :eek:

Take the scythe, they probably started of on their hands and knees then some bright spark :idea: though put a long handle on it, Simples. :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back