As always, one rule for them...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PM and Sunak not isolating despite being pinged after Javid's positive COVID test

Instead...

"Downing Street said Mr Johnson and Mr Sunak will be taking in a pilot scheme whereby they will be tested daily and so do not have to quarantine."

Funny that they were 'chosen' to be part of this 'pilot scheme' :rolleyes:

All the way through the 'virus' period some members of the government (and advisors) have not exactly followed the rules they have laid down...

Thus it won't be a surprise that coming just before 'freedom day' it may well be that the general population will probably just think 'sod it' then...

So should cases of the 'virus' rise, would a controlling lockdown be imposed again?

Or do they know something about the 'virus' figures that they are not letting on?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, make 'em isolate. I’ve been 'isolating' in a fashion since March 2020. It’s not too bad! ;)

It's another Branard Castle event. It's going to undercut self isolation and boost rates of infection. It stinks of playing games with the rules to get what you want.

Well, at least they're getting quicker at their u-turns. Now Boris will be isolating for his freedom Day broadcast.

Sponsored Links
H
Downing Street said Mr Johnson and Mr Sunak will be taking in a pilot scheme whereby they will be tested daily and so do not have to quarantine."

Funny that they were 'chosen' to be part of this 'pilot scheme' :rolleyes:

They are running the country donut

CBA to explain my correction to Lally’s post to you, peeping John.

I revel in running the country down.
Indeed you do (n)

You haven't got the hang of this 'correcting' lark have you...

Best you ask your neighbourhood amoeba how to do it :LOL:

'One of the fastest government U-turns ever'
_112811832__107934183_nickeardley_tr-nc.png

This must be one of the fastest government U-turns ever: 157 minutes after saying the PM and chancellor wouldn't be isolating, Downing Street decided they would.

The reason is set out by Rishi Sunak on Twitter - ministers can't be seen to be following different rules to everyone else.

But questions will be asked about why No 10 initially said they would be escaping isolation. Who made the decision? Who signed it off? The prime minister and chancellor must have known about the plan.

There's also the fact that the PM and chancellor had the choice over whether to isolate - which most people don't at the moment.

The political symbolism is also highly significant. Three senior government ministers will be in isolation on the day almost all legal restrictions are lifted in England."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57879730

They must have heard the rumpus that lally and peeping John made on here and changed their mind.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/poli...is-fine-boris-johnson-explains-20210719210274

P*SSED off about having to self-isolate whilst I’ve done everything I can to try and weasel out of it? Here’s why double standards are perfectly acceptable:

I’m the prime minister

I have hugely important things to do, like running the country and attending daily photo opportunities. Although to be honest, even if I wasn’t PM I’d be the sort of selfish **** just ignoring all the rules anyway.

I’ve had the Covid

Admittedly that was my own fault, but if you’ve not had it yet the onus is really on you to stop it spreading. I’ve given you loads of confusing contradictory advice, so I’ve done my bit.

You’ll only go to chip shops or something

Let’s face it, your horizons are more limited than mine. Not being able to stuff your faces with saveloys while self-isolating isn’t much of a sacrifice. I, on the other hand, need a gourmet meal from the Downing Street chefs, or superlative vol-au-vents at Spectator parties.

I have a genius-level ability to get away with stuff

Last-minute U-turns, talking rubbish, blatant womanising – crafty old Alexander can get away with all of it. It’s possible voters may get sick of this f**king pantomime and boot me out, but it’s unlikely. That’s not overconfidence, it’s just my winning personality. But mainly Brexit.

You’ll get used to being cooped up again

Think about the brave RAF chaps imprisoned in Stalag Luft for more than five years, to use yet another nonsensical World War 2 reference. They didn’t even have Netflix.

I am a terrible, terrible person

Given my track record, do you really think I am about to change? This might be a deadly global pandemic, but the main issue here is simple: Boris Johnson.

Sponsored Links
Back