Auto Air Vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The last thing on my list...

I'm trying to source a good quality auto air vent for my airing cupboard.

DSC_1405.JPG

Again, there are loads of cheap auto air vents online, but they all seem to be unbranded and I'm concerned about the quality.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Are you planing on living in your airing cupboard ? you will be asking what is the best colour to paint it next :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well, we're all totally fed up with low water pressure, motorised valves sticking, a broken stopcock...I could go on!

Anyway, a local plumber is coming to replace every part in the airing cupboard and I want to buy the best I can to try and give us all a break from irritating plumbing issues.

I've bought 2 motorised valves, a Megaflo combination valve, an expansion vessel and control kit, a lever valve...just the auto air vent to go! All of this stuff is broken or on the way out.

Oh and yes ideas for paint would be good

Might just ask about pipe insulation next, watch this space!

ha ha. don't use valspar emulsion paint it stinks of cat p**s when it dries.lots of people complaining about it .

All joking aside, can someone tell me what connection fitting that is on the bottom?

or I should just go for a 15mm compression fitting? Does it need a check valve?

I'd go for Old&bolds suggestion; it needs a bit of interevention say once a month, but it'll never fail, and it'll be a lot cheaper. Don't worry about the fitting at the bottom until you've worked out what you're getting though. Sods law means you'll get the wrong type. Nothing feeding back down, so no check valve needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back