Back to brick, about 1 square meter - best way to fill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I had a damp patch on the inside of an external wal. The patch was behind wallpaper, I've peeled that off.

I've knocked all the blown plaster and powdery render off right back to the brickwork. The patch is above the skirting board by about a foot and the surrounding plaster/render is solid.
(I could not find a source of ingress though to be able to work out where the moisture came in to cause the damp patch on the wall)

I'm going to leave the patch open for a while so the dampness goes from the bricks - the bricks themselves are in good shape and the cement between the briks is solid.

I need some recommendations for render/plaster for this patch. The depth from sound plaster back to brick is about an inch. Do I need to do this in layers or is there a product that I can fill the patch in with in one go?
Should I treat the bared bricks with anything in case of mould spores?

Thank you :)

Sponsored Links
Once the aera is has dryied brush of any dust, dampen down.You need to use sand and cement with inhibitors,add mixes,if its a inch thick, and your not used to rendering best do it in 2 or 3 coats, leaveing a day between each coat.

Might be a choked cavity.

Use waterproofer in your scratchcoat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back