Bad sky reception

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an amplifier in my loft distributing terrestrial and sky to all other rooms , but apart from the living room where the sky box is where the picture is excellent all the other rooms are awful with regard to the sky ,but all the terrestrial stations are perfect.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you need to pay for Sky Multiroom.Your gear may not be suitable for a Satelite signal.

Make sure you use proper satellite quality cabling. Normal cheap aerial cable is not good enough and you will get a lot of signal loss.

I have now got the sky working in all rooms , but I have since connected a digi eye to the bedroom tv ,but it will not work the sky box downstairs.The red light is on . Any ideas, please. The distribution amp is
PRO reception 6 way , and the digi eye is PRO reception, but the amp is about 9 years old, I didn't want to buy another amp if this isn't the problem.

Sponsored Links
Are you using just the one remote eye?

It sounds as though your aerial system includes an amplifier, which is passing the DC to power the eye device, but isn't passing the eyes commands back to the sky box.

A solution for an older amp when using only one remote eye is to add a DC bypass kit to that output, but I think in this case it would be best to replace the amp with a compatible one. There is some more information at the link below - no connection with the site, etc...

It would be worth checking over all connections on that run of wiring between the Sky box and the amp, and the amp and the remote eye for bad joints, but I think that's unlikely to be the problem in this case.

http://www.letsautomate.com/10570.cfm

To prove if the amp is responsible, remove it temporarily and join the lead from the Sky box RF2 connection to the lead going to the remote eye. If this allows the system to work, the the problem lies in the amp. To do this test it, a male to male coax adapter is needed.

Cheers,

Colin

Thanks for that , Since my last post I have done exactly what you have sugested, and the prob was with the amp , all is now working well

Thanks j

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back