Bank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it to be a case of "From a rock to an 'HBOS' place?"

Just the time for an announcement ... 4 working days from now will be a weeks time - no time to shift the dosh - smoke and fire - a cold Easter wind blows no good stuff our way !!
...Britain's central Bank also took the unusual step of quashing a number of other rumours. A spokesman said: "It's a fantasy that all leave for Bank staff has been cancelled over Easter. There is also talk going round that the Governor has had to cancel a trip to the Far East. There was no trip, that's complete fantasy."

Mervyn King, the Bank's governor, did cancel a trip to the west Midlands scheduled for Monday and Tuesday and his deputies Sir John Gieve and Rachel Lomax have also cancelled follow-up trips due today and tomorrow...

Should have said...
"From an 'HBOllockS' to a ROCK" Much more appropriate.
Govn backed ROCK, paying 6.15% gross, Gov. will give 3 months notice prior to special protection guarantee removal - gotta be a winner !!

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Ohhh, you are a pessimistic old goat!! Have a couple of ciders down the old plough with egbert.

Calm down, its only the economy.

I was really trying to say -

a) No smoke without fire... Risky days.

b) Where, for a saver, can there be a better home, right now, than Northern Rock? - HBOS to NR was referring to a cash investment shift... NR has a Govn backed full guarantee for all savers dosh, not just £35k, plus it currently offers high interest rates..

c) The NR saver will have a cushion of 3 months notice (when it comes) of a change to the extraordinary Govn guarantee...

:cool:

Sponsored Links
I have the Northern Rock Old Wrinklies' account, pays 6.25%, credited monthly, operated on the interweb. Sadly their cash ISA does not have such a good rate :( so next week some of it is moving to A&L

I have the Northern Rock Old Wrinklies' account, pays 6.25%, credited monthly, operated on the interweb. Sadly their cash ISA does not have such a good rate :( so next week some of it is moving to A&L

That's nothing I have about £300's worth of NR shares, good job I didn't buy 'em for 2K.

that's six thousand shares you've got, then?

Back