Barn conversion - new CH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

Few things: Barn is up a small hill, with the mains a good 500m away.

Tried to measure the water pressure at the tap we currently have, and the pressure gauge kept popping off, despite tightening the circlip as much as possible.

Anyway - it seemed to give a pressure of ~3bar (didn't seem right); so another test we tried was turning it on, and then turning a lot else on to see if the flow rate dropped, which it did not (noticeably).

The system that is being proposed is a Glo-worm ultracom 30sxi (believe it's a condensing one), with a 210l unvented cylinder. The property is a 2-bed place, and will be a holiday let. Has a downstairs shower, upstairs bath (maybe an electric shower, maybe one on the system upstairs, can't remember at the moment!). Energy will be provided by LPG gas bottles (not on the main), with a backup immersion in the tank.

I think I read elsewhere, that the minimum flow rate is around 20 l/min - I haven't measured this yet, but will do so tomorrow.

If it's any lower, will this boiler still be any good? I don't really understand what it is that I will be buying, which makes me nervous :)

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sounds fine to me.
If you are getting a flow of 20 litres a minute no problems.

I would go for a ultra power. Unvented and cylinder all in the nice one box. Job done and much faster to install.

Combi boiler would be the cheaper option since it is only a holiday let.
With electric shower as backup should the boiler fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back