Basement - WaterTable Drainage PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed that my basement floor was constantly wet and the concrete floor sloped, near the lowest point i noticed that someone had cemented a slab on top of the floor, i removed this slab and it was full of water, i must have removed at least 10 litres, i came back after a couple of days and it had water again, hadn't been raining too much, i spoke to a mate whos a builder and he informed me that its most likely a water table, my property is like a cottage, i decided that i should remove the existing floor and insulate the floor and lay fresh concrete, whilst excavating i came across a pipe that appears to be a drainage pipe, this pipe is not far from where the water table was and is in line with my outside sewer pipe. i wanted to know if this pipe is still active, could i get someone to attach a sink/wash room etc to it long term , also the pipe is moving/spinning does this mean its broken, i have attached some pics and hope someone can help. also it appears to be angled towards the basement and piece which accidentally broke was positioned towards the water table. there is no smell etc and the water table is fresh water. hope the above makes sense,thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you haven't just lifted of the manhole cover?

Are there any out lets in the bottom of the 'hole'

Andy

Andy

Thanks for your reply, it's interesting you say that as when I was emptying the water out of it it sounded like the water was trying to go down, bubbling, I've excavated about a foot deep and the ground is flat now, can't see any pipes there, when I lifted the slab the sides were just rubble, do you advise I should dig abit more near to where this was also have you seen the pics I've uploaded thanks again oz

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back