bathroom sink monobloc taps low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help! I am in the middle of installing a new bathroom for my partner, and I have a problem with the basin taps. The tap which came with the el-cheapo suite is a monobloc, with two flexible hoses that screw into the base of the tap. The water supply end of the hoses are I believe half inch female, and I've got some fittings for them no problem, but the tap end of the hoses is a very small diameter (approx 6mm inside diameter)

I connected everything up, and the cold water comes out ok, but the hot water comes out very slowly....would take ages to fill the basin at that rate!

I've checked everything that I can think of, including swapping round the hoses, and I've come to the conclusion that its my hot water pressure which is the problem. The hot water pressure isn't too good....would I be correct in thinking that because the hot water has to go through that tiny little inlet hole from the hose to the tap that that is causing the low flow rate? The flow rate was ok with the old bathroom suite....but that had separate hot and cold taps, so a much bigger inlet hole into the hot tap.

If thats the problem, then what can I do? is it possible to get monobloc taps that have a larger diameter hot water inlet? or am I going to have to scrap these taps and go for separate hot/cold taps (that would be a pain as I'd also have to get a new basin, as this one is a single hole basin).

Sponsored Links
Worth phoning the manufacturer to see if the tap is low pressure compatible. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back