Baxi 105e fault light flashing

Yes, but my point is that if you are going to do it yourself then you should do the job properly and use the thermal transfer paste so that its dont to the original specification and will operate correctly.

Tony

Sponsored Links
yes your right and it does say that in the 2nd post on here by 'poxi'

So why not get the paste and refit it properly so that the boiler controls the temperature correctly?

Tony

, its basically a case of pulling the electrical connection from it and then unscrewing the part, then screw in the new one and reconnect the electrical connection and you are all done.

But what about adding the thermal transfer paste?

Is that the difference between a DIYer's bodge and a professional's repair?

Tony
Tony - I'll take your advice - but (here comes the stupid question) where does the paste go? Is just before the nut?

Sponsored Links
I've got the same problem with my boiler (though it seems to be working ok today) and was wondering if replacing this sensor is a fairly safe and simple task for a DIYer with a bit of nouse.

I did mine in about 5 mins. Turned of mains water,switched off the boiler, drained hot water. Then removed the electrical connection, unscrewed the sensor. Put the new one in, replace connector, turn water and boiler back on - should work fine after that.

I did mine in about 5 mins. Turned of mains water,switched off the boiler, drained hot water. Then removed the electrical connection, unscrewed the sensor. Put the new one in, replace connector, turn water and boiler back on - should work fine after that.

coolio. what about this paste that has been mentioned, did you bother with that?

You do not need 'heat sink compound' on the hot water sensor, as it's a wet pocket.

You only need it on the primary (heating) sensor, as it's a dry pocket.

Hi iam having the same problems with the hot water light flashing - mess around with the settings for the heating and it works for a bit - hot water flashing ( seems same prob as everyone else) .
Right heres my question - is it the dhw sensor that wants replacing or the central heating sensor - - they both seem to have the same part number so i will order off ebay - just wanna make sure i swop the correct one.
T.I.A.

It's the one with green wires going to it (wet pocket).

just to let you know... i finally got round to replacing my central heating sensor last night (after months of making do) and everything seems to be working fine now.

thanks guys.

Hi,
There were a number of posts in March 2008 about problems (boiler turned itself off and two neon lights flashed) that it was generally agreed were fixed by changing the NTC sensor with part no. 5108265. I have done that but it is still showing the same problems. The cut out occurs more frequently if the water temperature is set high. Reducing water temperature seems to make the fault less frequent but it is still unreliable. Ideas anyone?? Patrick.

Might be an idea to call in the friendly gas service person who knows how your boiler works, so should be able to resolve the problem

OR, you could change one part after another. This will also fix the fault ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back