Baxi 105e INSTANT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. First post on here. Hope I do not need to call on all the experts too many times. Anyhow. Have looked through lots of posts but can not find the definative answer.... I have a baxi 105e INSTANT and the expansion vessel has gone (water out of valve used as a test). Got the part on order, just wanted to know if I can fit it as an external vessel leaving the original one in place (so no need to take boiler off wall and get a corgi engineer in), or do I have to get it done by a professional and fitted inside. Any idea how much the work will cost me if I need it doing professionally?

Sponsored Links
fit an external vessel o the return as close to boiler as poss.

If you have ordered the original exp vessel it will have to go where the old one is.
If the flue is rear horizontal, the boiler will have to come off the wall.

Much easier (and cheaper) to just add another expansion vessel as close to the return isolator as possible!

If you have ordered the original exp vessel it will have to go where the old one is.
If the flue is rear horizontal, the boiler will have to come off the wall.

Much easier (and cheaper) to just add another expansion vessel as close to the return isolator as possible!

Sponsored Links
Wow fantastically quick replies. The flue is vertical up through the garage roof... So does this mean I can perhaps get in to take the old one out and fit the replacement in with out taking of wall after all. I have found posts saying that yo have to take it off toreplace in the original position. Seems like it was a mistake to order the original epansion vessel as can now not fit externally.. which lets face it would be soo much easier.

The flue is vertical up through the garage roof... So does this mean I can perhaps get in to take the old one out

You need about 350mm clearance above the boiler.

Unfortunately the gas valve has to be removed (corgi job) to gain access to the 30mm and 32mm nuts holding the exp vessel in place.

Thanks. Will try and find a Corgi plumber that can do this failer rapidly. My wife is expecing shortly and temp in what will be babys room is cold. Any Corgi plumbers on here in B62 post code?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back