Baxi Boiler Noise!!!!...help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 80Eco boiler which has worked perfectly for 3 years. I have installed a towel rad a few month ago with no problems. However, I recently changed an existing rad for a different shape one (only marginally bigger) in a bedroom.

After I refilled the system and bleed all the rads there is a noise coming from the boiler..(pump i think). It is a vibration noise which comes and goes and can be high pitched. The noise happens on the central heating and on the hot water.

I have bleed a lot from the centre screw of the pump (gunfoss 15-50 single speed). This stops it only on the cental heating system for the day. It is then back the next day and never goes on the hot water.

All of the rads are heating up ok and have bleed them loads!....any ideas...please help!

mike

Sponsored Links
You keep on saying about bleeding your rads! You should NEVER bleed water out of your rads. You only bleed AIR !

Try to check the auto bleed valve in your boiler.

If you are getting continued air from the pump then it implies there is still air in the system. Eventually it will work its way out.

You dont say what pressure you are operating at. Increasing it to about 2 Bar will help speed up the air problem.

Tony

You keep on saying about bleeding your rads! You should NEVER bleed water out of your rads. You only bleed AIR !

Try to check the auto bleed valve in your boiler.

If you are getting continued air from the pump then it implies there is still air in the system. Eventually it will work its way out.

You dont say what pressure you are operating at. Increasing it to about 2 Bar will help speed up the air problem.

Tony

Thanks, When you say check, the auto bleed valve?.. Do you mean the small screw on top of the pump? I read in the book that it shouldnt be tight. How can I check if its faulty?

The pressure is at 1 bar, i'll try increasing it. Is it worth draining the whole thing down and starting again?

The pressure is at 1 bar, i'll try increasing it. Is it worth draining the whole thing down and starting again?

The whole problem seems that you have air in the system. Draining it again just means that you will go back to the beginning again.

You can check the auto air valve should have the cap slightly loose. To further check is propbably hard for a DIYer but might well be at the heart of the problem.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back