Baxi Solo 2 50RS pilot not staying lit / cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am experiencing problems with my boiler and looking for some help on what might be causing the problem. To give you a brief run down of where I am so far.

3 Months ago I had an engineer out to give the boiler its annual service (cleaning all the components). All was fine and he left with it working.

1 Week later the heating cut out and when looking at the boiler the pilot light had gone out. I thought this might have been the wind as there was gale force winds. So reset the boiler and pilot lit up fine and stayed on.

1 Week later it cut out again same problem as before the pilot had gone out. I then reset as before.

Again it cut out so I called the engineer back to look at the problem and see if he could fix it. He checked all the components and found them all to be working fine and couldn't understand why it was going out. He thought it may have just been the wind.

So after he had been it worked fine for a couple of weeks.

Then it cut out again so I relit the pilot again and it worked fine for a couple of days. It is now at the stage that even by putting the heating on 24 hours and with no wind it cuts out on a daily basis. So when I get up every morning the heating isn't on and there's no hot water.

Please can someone help me with this as its now driving me up the wall.

Regards
Andy

Sponsored Links
could be going to overheat and cutting out. Pump is controlled by pcb for the overrun cycle. Could be this is failling intermittently and pump is stopping with no over run, boiler will instantly go to overheat.

Don't know off hand, you'll have to check around suppliers. You really need professional advice locally before spending a lot of money though ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks thats great gives me something to go forward with. Any other suggestions of hand?

:D

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back