Baxi Solo 3 Pump Over Run Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there helpers,

I currently have a 2002 Baxi Solo 3 PFL 40 boiler in my kitchen suppling me with hot water and heating via a open system. The system is working well in both departments. however recently when the house has warmed up to the set temperature and the boiler switches itself off, the over run on the pump continues for around 5 mins as it should, but when the pump finally tries to stop a clicking noise (relay) can be heard for around 30 seconds from the boiler and the pump pulses on and off rapidly until it finally stops. the pump installed is a Grundfos UPS 15-50 installed in 2002 with boiler. can anyone help with what this fault might be and how to remedy it.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Replace the PCB. Had to replace one Friday to stop the pump from over running constantly. Not the cheapest of boards though :cry:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, had a horrible feeling that you were going to say it was the PCB that needed replacing!
and not a small and cheap part!

Is it easy enough to change?

if so

where can i get the best price for one?

Sponsored Links
If its the 231711 then i have one knocking about, open to offers, think the retail is about £120 on them?

Yes it is easy to replace. No gas parts need to be intefered with.

Make sure you get a brand new and boxed replacement, NOT a reconditioned one ;)

I've never really had much faith in reconditioned boards.

They're impossible to supply any form of decent warranty on.

Fitting reconditioned only leaves yourself open to more call backs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back