Baxi Solo 50/4 boiler cuts out

Sponsored Links
ghopper

Sorry to be so late replying but I have been abroad.
Anyway, so far I am hopeful I have fixed the problem but am staying cautious as previously the cutting out fault was intermittent so there were periods when the boiler was fine.

It seems that Fireman was right in that my problem was a faulty Overheat Thermostat. I replaced it and so far the boiler has worked OK for 2 weeks !!

Thanks Telf, Thats really useful. Mines still giving me trouble so will get the boiler guy out on Monday and show him this post....

Thanks again

G

Sponsored Links
Sorry Telf, just out of interest how much did that set you back inc labour. Just so I have an idea as to whether he's ripping me off or not :)

Difficult to say as part of a much larger job. All I can say is that once the part was available to hand it took about 30 minutes to fit it.

It seems that Fireman was right in that my problem was a faulty Overheat Thermostat. I replaced it and so far the boiler has worked OK for 2 weeks !![/quote]

Nice one. Shame you had to fork out for the misdiagnosis'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back