Best Deal on Decking Oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After asking lot's of Q's incl here ... on what finish for a large decking project - decision was to use Liberon Decking oil

I spent some time Goggling & called local trade outlets ... found one company beat all others, and included free delivery ...

Rest Express
Unit 1 Springfield Farm
Perrott's Brook, Cirencester
Gloucestershire, GL7 7DT
http://www.restexpress.co.uk/acatalog/

I have no connection with this company just want to publicise how good they were to deal with.

For me I was buying multiple 5L tins of Liberon Decking Oil .. at £24.50 per 5L they beat all other suppliers.

Thought it worth passing on the contact.

Sponsored Links
Toolstation are also worth checking out - £26.75 for a single can with free delivery. They occasionally discount it further but, of course, never at the time you actually want it!

I'm about to purchase some, but was wondering about the anticipated coverage. Online texts suggest 8-10m² however I was wondering if that is for a single coat, or for two coats as recommended?

Do you happen to know, or could you see what your cans say in case they state it unambiguously (e.g. 'per coat')?

Toolstation are also worth checking out - £26.75 for a single can with free delivery. They occasionally discount it further but, of course, never at the time you actually want it!

I'm about to purchase some, but was wondering about the anticipated coverage. Online texts suggest 8-10m² however I was wondering if that is for a single coat, or for two coats as recommended?

Do you happen to know, or could you see what your cans say in case they state it unambiguously (e.g. 'per coat')?

Can't tell yet .... but I based my purchase on 8m2 per coat

The supplier I quoted was £2 per can cheaper than Toolstation (who are normally pretty good)

If you give Flubit the URL of the best price you can find for something, they will usually be able to beat it. I put pretty much all my purchases through them now and get on average 12-15% off.

Sponsored Links
Don't forget postage which, for a single can (i.e. <£50) is a whopping £7.95 for next-day delivery - that's £34.90 in total. Toolstation's £26.75 all-in is a real bargain in comparison. Granted two or more cans and it's worthwhile buying via Rest Express.

Agreed on the coverage front though - it does make more sense for it to be quoted per coat. Either way a single can will suffice for me.

Don't forget postage which, for a single can (i.e. <£50) is a whopping £7.95 for next-day delivery - that's £34.90 in total. Toolstation's £26.75 all-in is a real bargain. Granted two or more cans and it's worthwhile buying via RestExpress.

Agreed on the coverage front though - it does make more sense for it to be quoted per coat. Either way a single can will suffice for me.

The point on price was it 'included' free next day delivery ... i.e ZERO postage costs if you bought 4 cans .... which made sense to me, hence best deal I could find.
No use if you only want one can .

Tests on it show it to produce a great colour (I used clear)[/b]

I've definitely heard good things about it. Any tips on preferred application method? I'll probably just brush it on but as it'll be going on smooth deck boards, and thus no grooves to take into consideration, there could perhaps be a better method.

Incidentally, would you agree to the claim that the final finish/colour is akin to how the bare wood looks when wet?

I bought the specific 4" brush, goes on fine.
Just brush it on, applies easily.
description of it being wet is fair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back