Blocked bathroom sink waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if someone can help. Our ensuite sink started draining very slowly so I dismantled the u bend to check for blockages and there weren't any in the u bend. I then poured water directly down the vertical waste pipe and noticed that water was draining very slowly.

I've tried the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar trick and also boiling hot water but the blockage has not shifted. I have also cut a length of hose pipe to push down and try to shift the blockage but still no joy.

Any ideas on what I should try next?

Thanks

JT

Sponsored Links
Yes, try one of these. Put the plunger over the waste, block off the sink overflow with a cloth, fill the sink with water, then a few hard pumps and all will be well.

But get a decent one. Not one of these useless DIY shed examples.

Does your bathroom basin waste tie-in to the bath or shower waste?
Do the bath and shower drain freely?
Do your wastes discharge into a gulley or a soil stack?

Sponsored Links
We have only got a shower in the ensuite bathroom and there are no problems with the water draining from the shower tray. I think the waste discharges under the floorboards into a soil stack in the wall.

I'll try the plunger to see if that works! Thanks for the tip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back