Boiler Comming on then going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry should have gone in this section

New to the forum....

I have just change the radiator downstairs and by doing this i drained the system first from the tap near the boiler ( behind fire place in sitting room) and when came to take rad off there was still alot of water in it, anyway got the bowl and towels ready, changed over rads and filled the system back up again by letting go of the stopball up in loft, Now when fireing up the central heating by turning thermstat till it clicks, the boiler came on, then goes off and does this from time to time, i belive this is air block so tried bleeding the radiators upstairs and downstairs, get some air comming out of them, then stops, but only one rad has the water comming out of it? Do i have a major block somewhere?? If so how do i try and clear it? Not having much luck so advise needed please as no hot water or central heating although thats ok at this time of year!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
have you bleed your pump? maybe it might help??

you can do this with a 2 pence in the centre of the pump turn the thing that looks like a big screw.

wilse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back