Boiler control wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am fitting a new boiler into my central heating system and need a bit assistance in the last part of the process!

The boiler is a Halstead iHeat 20 conventional gas boiler and it is being added into an existing 'S Plan' system with a program timer, room stat, zone valve and tank stat.

The old boiler had its Neutral and Earth permanently connected and the Live was switched being attached to the orange of the zone valve in the wiring centre. The new boiler requires a permanent power supply (which I have done) and provides its own supply to the pump (which I have also done).

My question is on connecting in the additional controls to the boiler. It has a link wire across two terminals so that you can use the boilers own controls. I obviously want to remove this to use the external controls so where should this be connected to in the wiring centre?

On most diagrams I have seen there is a single wire used to activate the boiler which is a switched Live. On mine it seems you need two wires as the link wire connected a red wire and a black wire which both traced back to a plug on the PCB. The boiler's wiring diagram just shows this going to a simple room stat to make a circuit; my setup isn't quite that simple.

Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back