Boiler cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A mate of mine has a problem with his heating system. It is a new build house with a Glow worm Ultimate boiler and a Gledhill vented cylinder. The heating system is run in microbore. After having reached operating temperature, and run for a short while there is a loud rumbling noise ( sounds like the roof is going to collapse !). When this happens the boiler cuts out and needs resetting, I checked the f & e tank and the level had risen by about 4/5 inches and was warm, not boiling as I expected. The CH system uses a 28mm combined feed and vent pipe, could this be causing the problem ?

Sponsored Links
air lock, pull the stat and let it boiler it will sound as a plane is trying to land on the roof but ignore it, once you hear banging and splat splat in the tank and the sound of someone wacking the pipes with a hammer put the stat back in. If this fails to work it may be a blocked heat exchanger or all the raiditor valves closed , pump or boiler stat simply not working

thats all it can be!
the noise can be annoying i know! when we get calls people say i though a jet had missed the runway lol :D :D :D

Thanks boxter
When you say pull the stat, i take it you mean the boiler stat ?
Would putting a seperate vent pipe in help ? Have not come across a combined feed and vent before.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back