Boiler Keeps Locking Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glowworm Compact Electronic boiler. It is about 7 years old and over the last 6 months I have had a problem with it constantly locking out.

When the boiler calls for hot water it goes to lock out and can not be reset. Raising the bar pressure rectifys the problem. However I can only do this so many times before the pressure won't go any higher (above 2ish). At this point I am stuck with no hot water.

I have a service agreement with British Gas who have been out several times and replaced parts. After an engineer has serviced the boiler it works for around 2 weeks before the problems start happening again. I have also had my central heating system flushed out on the reccomendation of the engineers.

Does anybody have any suggestions or is there anyone who has had a similar problem?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
i had a problem with one of these boilers i think they must have been the worst boiler gloworm ever made any way i replaced the plate heat exchanger for a new for the customer, and no problems after that
sometimes flushing is not all its made out to be its ok for rads and i pipework but i think you cannot beat the replacement part

Thanks for the tip, where can I get the part from? Is it a big job? I would suggest it to one of the engineers when they come round but they are never interested in my opinion and just replace the same parts that have already been replaced several times before (circuit board, diaphram).

Sponsored Links
hi its not a big job all parts are available for H R PC but as you have a contact with BG i would have thought they should replace it anyway it means draining the boiler and turning off the cold feed to the boiler and draining out the pipes with the hot tap

mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back