Boiler pressure relief pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler was installed years ago - it's fitted on an internal wall. Discovered that the pressure relief pipework has never been connected, so if the valve did ever vent (not that it has), it would discharge on to the floor.

Next to where the boiler is installed is a bathroom which I'm currently working on.

Does the relief valve need it's own discharge pipework to outside or could it be somehow integrated into the 40mm bath drain pipwork?

The boilers been serviced several times and no ones ever mentioned it before!

Thanks muchly

James

Sponsored Links
You could make an upstand in you waste pipe work and terminate it into that (who can stop you) Although it should be sent out side always falling , in a place what won't cause harm if it did discharge and were it can be clearly seen

Thanks Exbg.

That was my thought, to run 15mm into an upstanding pipe t'd into the waste. But like you say theres no obvious way of detecting it, and reading other forums it's supposed to be copper throughout and discharging into the external wall.

Sponsored Links
Thanks hazetimes5,

MI (Vaillant) simply state a discharge pipe of >=15mm diameter.

The boilers due for a service so I'll raise the question next time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back