Bonding coat to expanding foam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've moved a light switch and done the bonding coat along the channel after sinking in the twin and earth etc.

I have a end part which is around 80 by 50mm which is just a void with nothing such as lathes for the bonding coat to adhere too.

Does anyone know if I can fill it with expanding foam and then bonding coat on top?

With being a ceiling it won't take any traffic like a lower wall or floor is what I'm thinking.

Any alternative ideas would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20240114_191301.jpg
    IMG_20240114_191301.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
Use expanding foam to adhere a small square of plasterboard in there; the foam will bond well to the board and the board would be better to bond bonding coat to than cured foam

Use expanding foam to adhere a small square of plasterboard in there; the foam will bond well to the board and the board would be better to bond bonding coat to than cured foam
Cheers. Anything else I can use instead of plasterboard. Its not cost but I hate waste and buying a full plasterboard for just a 50 x 80mm shape I'd be throwing over 90% of it away is all.

Sponsored Links
Any skip you pass? Bit of wood, tile, etc..
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I went to B&Q and when inspecting the quality of the plaster board a corner piece just came off in my hand. I decided to not buy the plaster board based on this evidence. I did clear the mess up from the floor but as there was no bin I disposed of it after leaving the premises. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back