Bosch PWP631BF1B induction hob power limit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought one of these induction hobs that came with a 13A plug fitted.

I have it wired in properly (6mm T&E). However it still power limits to 3000W :(

Bosch do a variant (PWP631BB1E) of which I was unaware, that is rated for 4.6kW (20A supply). AFAICT the power limit is the only difference.

So does anyone know if there's a way to raise the power limit? C7 setting can be set to any value over 3kW, but it still limits to 3kW.

Dave

Sponsored Links
We have a four-ring Bosch. Don't recall the model.
Unless you're running a commercial kitchen, I doubt you'll need 3kw. It heats soooo fast.
Try it.

Probably set in the firmware as it thinks its on a plug! You don't mention the model number of the one you have.
Can it be returned or has it been used?

are there some spare terminals in the connection plate that need connecting to live ?

The nEFF one you can access various setting on the front panel for various limits

Sponsored Links
It has been used for a month or so. Only noticed the problem yesterday when I wanted to heat three pans at the same time and it went into power-limit mode.

As in title this model is PWP631BF1B ...

No I fear not - if you're referring to option C7 on page 16 - it still limits to 3KW even if I set it to 4.5kW

David

(From reading that manual) Can you still see the rating plate- if that says 3000w max then you're out of luck, if it says 4500w then get onto their helpline & then onto whoever you bought it from for a replacement.

Have you tried playing with c23- not entirely sure what it does but maybe set it to whatever it isn't set to now then try c7 again.

How v dull- game over I'm afraid (unless you can hack the control unit- almost certainly got some sort of diagnostic port on it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back