Bosch washing machine not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Bosch Classix 1400 washing machine WFO2867Gb/01 that does not heat the water. There are no error codes and the wash goes through in normal time
The resistance of the element is approx 25ohms.
The resistance of the NTC is approx 10K at approx 10 degrees. When I put the NTC in warm water the resistance drops down to 3K approx. Does this seem about normal?
This was working OK before I changed the bearings and door seal. However, I now have a machine that spins quietly but does not heat any water.
All connections appear to be back to where they were prior to the bearing change.
Any ideas?
Many thanks for any assistance

Sponsored Links
10k Ω at 10C is ok but the hot water you used can't have been much more than 40C (which would bring the resistance down to around 3k Ω ). At 25 Ω the element is ok. NTC's rarely fail so if the machine heated ok before you changed the bearings then the chances are good it is something you did. Go over the wiring/connections/plugs again & make sure everything is in the right place and the are no breaks/detached leads.

Thanks for the reply zipper.

Yeah, I have gone through it in as much detail as I can. I cannot see any particular problem with the wiring etc. Isee the the NTC is connected back to the PCB and proved this connection OK. I have checkedthat the element is fed through the pressure switch and back onto the PCB.

What other components might be involved in the wiring of heating system no the machine?

thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back