Boulter buderus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think this may be a question for Paul Barker .
Is a Boulter Buderous 28kw combi warm start a good boiler and will spares be readily available, also will I be able to find someone familiar with them to service it?? [North Yorkshire]

Sponsored Links
Ive has a bit to do with them, depends where in Yorkshire you are. My good freind at Thirsk Gas will only install them and knows them inside and out. Where in Yorkshire are you?

owned now by WORCESTER BOSCH
I was impressed by the access to the heat exchanger (it splits in two) so it can be thoroughly cleaned.

Sponsored Links
Whilst the casing splits in two, the HE itself is a finned spiral which (only) costs £65 they said at the shows.

Takes less than a minute to take out ( when the boiler is dry at a show). If filled with water then its 30 min to drain down first.

I'm in Scarborough.

Anual service is a 5 minute job.

I don't yet know what the spares backup is as haven't required any, but expect it to be same as any other make.

To change any part takes just a few minutes excepting external influences like drain down and refill time.

The 600 28c is far superior to the 500 28c so well worth the extra cost if you can afford it. Some of my customers who have the 600 version are technically able to appreciate the advantages a boiler which almost silentloy trickles away all the time heat is required instead of firing up full blast, whacking the pump on full steam ahead and then the whole thing shutting down only to repeat the process a few minutes later.

Don't omit to have the moduerg to take full advantage of it's abilities.

They are not owned by Worcester Bosch. They are sister company's of the same group BBT.

HarrogateGas said:
Ive has a bit to do with them, depends where in Yorkshire you are. My good freind at Thirsk Gas will only install them and knows them inside and out. Where in Yorkshire are you?

Thanks for the input ,
I assume you are talking about Carl M!

Paul Barker said:
I'm in Scarborough.

Anual service is a 5 minute job.

I don't yet know what the spares backup is as haven't required any, but expect it to be same as any other make.

To change any part takes just a few minutes excepting external influences like drain down and refill time.

The 600 28c is far superior to the 500 28c so well worth the extra cost if you can afford it. Some of my customers who have the 600 version are technically able to appreciate the advantages a boiler which almost silentloy trickles away all the time heat is required instead of firing up full blast, whacking the pump on full steam ahead and then the whole thing
shutting down only to repeat the process a few minutes later.

Don't omit to have the moduerg to take full advantage of it's abilities.

They are not owned by Worcester Bosch. They are sister company's of the same group BBT.

Thanks Paul it is a 500 that I have been offered, are you saying it is so inferior to the 600 not to bother, or just that the 600 is to be prefered, what is the difference anyway???

how can they justify the cost of these boilers

seems way too expencive

Slogger said:
how can they justify the cost of these boilers

seems way too expencive

If you have seen or worked on one you will know why.

They really are the best built boilers out there. I just find the price puts clients off s dont bother with them unless they ask.

The 600 only costs us about 100 more, the benefits over the 500 are more insulation so quieter and less heat waste, metal outer case instead of plastic, so looks that bit better, variable head pump, so works better in connection with the modureg as the burner pump and roomstat effectively synchronise, to the effect that the boiler just whirs at a slow trickle, all moving parts are consequently destressed and not frequently cycled on and off.

Hot water performance is more instant on the 600.

I used to have a complex about the price of these boilers when they were all I fitted but now that I offer the Potterton Suprema and Performa for budget customers I have no problems promoting the best of the Buderus range to those who can afford them.

Might take the little Vokera steamer into the fold also for people who like small boilers, it's based on the very reliable Linea and my favourite merchants pts have a deal on the 25kw version.

I haven't found a Vokera I couldn't fix yet. Good solid cooking boilers.

Being the proud owner of a 8 year old Vokera Combi which the case has not come off in 8 years since i put it in ill second that!

Dare I admit the case hasn't come off my Ideal Mexico for 9 years? I take a look through the site glass, see a perfect flame picture and leave it to efffortlessly do it's job.

OK I must be mad, but we yet need heating on the top floor of our 4 story house, so I think I'll put a system steamer in it's stead (Buderus of course), could probably fit a downstairs loo where it stands... Shan't get rid of the dhw cylinder though, I'll just hike it up the wall so a loo can go beneath (ceiling hights are adequate, don't like all those low ceilings people have these days)

No it isn't a 1566 cylinder, what I do at home is my business, and no I don't have trv's and shant fit them, they are a rubbish invention I am forced to force upon others. My rads are correctly sized, we have no energy advantages to be cultivated from upseting that perfect balance. A modern system with trv's is a very bad design by nature.

So is the modureg an option for the 500 or only applicable to the 600,I am not concerned about appearance or noise as it will be fitted in the loft, so is the 500 still worth considering??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back