Broken branch off shared waste stack

sime10 said:
gjscott Have you thought about moving ?

Heh heh, funnily enough, yes. My other half had obviously been watching too many of these home shows on TV and confidently assured me it's bathrooms and kitchens that sell homes, so I dutifully refurbed the kitchen myself but, because I wasn't sure I could handle doing the bathroom, I got a plumber in to do it for me with the theory being that we'd aim to sell up in Summer 2007 and move to somewhere bigger.

There is an argument that says that as long as the pipe holds until this time next year it's no longer my problem, but I wouldn't like to knowingly leave a potential leak waiting to happen. Not so much for the new owner, but for the poor woman downstairs who has been the model of understanding (this isn't the first time she's had trouble with water coming through her ceiling... British Gas managed to do that twice in the space of two days a couple of years ago when they were installing my new boiler!). :eek:

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys, I'll check out the patch boss and perhaps have a crack at it myself.

Sponsored Links
Forget Silicone ........keep the plastic strapon boss .............and use a hemp grommit to take up the slack between the soil and the plastic.....oh allright use bosswhite on the soilpipe side and silicone on the plastic side of the grommit then ;) .............unless you can get ALL of the black bitumen off the soil cuz the silicone won`t stick v. well....are you in travelling distance from Ashdown Forest ;) ...........If I had a digi camera, I`d photo one I did earlier ...........in 1973 :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back