buying chalet for additonal living space..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering purchasing a chalet as an additional living space. Looking at a timber cabin between 25-30m2 to accomodate a kitchenette/wc&shower/small 'living room'.
The prices I am getting for these units are around the 20,000 euro mark (13,500 pounds). This does not include foundations, wiring, wall insulation (only floor & roof insulation with 60mm baltic timber...presumably pine?).

Anyways, this is out of my budget and I think it is wildly overpriced for what you get. I am now considering trying to source directly in the baltic states ie. lithuania, etc.

Just wondering if anyone has done this? Can you put me in contact with anyone? Was it worthwhile?

Sponsored Links
I can't comment on the cost, but have done some work with Swedish & Finnish companies wanted to import into the UK.

A lot of them provide pre-fabbed housing kits. Not sure about the price, and haven't got access to a list of possible suppliers atm, but i'd certainly recommend looking at them.

A lot of them provide pre-fabbed housing kits. Not sure about the price, and haven't got access to a list of possible suppliers atm, but i'd certainly recommend looking at them.
Nice one. Anyone any links?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back