Can I pre-mix all cements, or should I pour in dry?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've always pre-mixed cement or concrete when I've done small diy jobs - make a ramp up to a garage, fill in gaps in paving, fix posts in a garden - and never poured dry cement into a hole and added water afterwards. I haven't had any problems, so does it really matter?

I was looking at Mastercrete and, unlike what Lafarge says for most of its other cements, I can't see any instructions for the correct way to use it. It supposedly has good resistance to freeze/thaw attack, and I wanted to use it to fill-in gaps that have appeared between patio slabs and the brick wall they butt-up against. The area gets very cold and snow lingers long after its gone everywhere else.

I was considering the purple "Lafarge repair concrete medium", but now I'm not sure, because it needs to be added dry.

I'd be grateful for some help.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back