Candy Grand O GO146

Hi Zipper

Thanks for reply, does this mean that the pump is not gone? or is there a possibility of it having poped?

Regards.

Sponsored Links
Open the flap at the bottom LH side & perform an emergency drain using the small drain hose. Then remove the filter & check for blockages (all this is explained in your user manual). Turn the pump impellor by hand, it should rotate freely but with noticeable magnetic resistance. Leave the filter out & select a drain cycle, observe if the pump impeller runs evenly. If all looks ok check the drain hose isn't kinked/blocked.

Hi Zipper,

I have done a full check of the system, the drain pump is not turning, but the outlet hose is clear this explains the alarm that is coming up, I did a test run as you suggested in one of the earlier problems with another member, and the alarm is still 3 flashes with a long delay. I think that either the water pump has packed up, or else the power is not reaching the water pump terminals. which could again be a fault on the pc board I think. will try to solve this next week.

Best Regards,

P. Moreira

Re-seat the plugs on the pcb & check the voltage at the pump terminals when a drain cycle is activated. If you have 240v the pump is defective.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Have done the test power does not get to the water pump, have returned the board back to the supplier and he has sent me another board, the 2nd board would not even get my washing machine to go. I again sent the board back and asked for a full refund, in the meantime i bought a CM2 146-80 which was advertised on gumtree, it is working at the moment, but i still want to attempt repairing the GO 146-80 i will probably purchase a new board.

if anybody out there has a users manual and a repair manual for both of the above that may want to let me have a copy, I'll be grateful.

JOE

You can download user manuals here http://service.candy-domestic.co.uk/manuals/Manuals.aspx?Section=11 You won't get a service manual, they are trade only. Check for a broken wire in the pump circuit, if there is continuity on the wiring then most likely the pump triac on the pcb is blown. If the triac has popped make sure you change the pump before you install a new pcb. Otherwise the same thing could happen again :(

I just had the same thing happen to mine as it would not power up and showed nothing on the lights. Power was getting to the PCB. When I removed the PCB I found grease on the contacts for the dial/selector knob. Both on the copper contacts on the PCB and on the 4 pronged "fork" part on the rear of the knob. I cleaned the grease off completely with tissue and plugged the board back in and it all came back to life and is now all working fine :)

I have no idea where the grease (which was clear) came from but I'm guessing it was acting to insulate the contacts on the power/program selector knob from touching.

My machine details are: candy GC41472D1B

Hope this helps someone :)

Regards Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back