cannon gas fire ffd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not plumbing /heating really but maybe of interest,been to do landlord safety cert today front and rear lounge fitted with identical cannon tacotta brass effect ilfe's, passed flue & spillage on both fires ok,however the ffd on the rear fire was just about slamming shut barley just under 180 secs,and the front one shut at 42 secs,nothing in the mi's so rang canon they told me that (quote) "it didnt have a set time to go off" and in any case they don't give out that kind of information,they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard!!! anyway i left it turned off till i can clarify the specs for the ffd. BETTER SAFE THAN A DEAD BODY !

Sponsored Links
hi dave, i think they changed it to everthing is 60 secs except glass fronted fires as the glass retains the heat in the thermacouple so it takes longer to shut down .

kev.

Sponsored Links
A fire is 180 and a decorative fuel effect fire is 60 so in your case its 180

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back