Cannot Bleed Air out of Upstairs Rads.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help me out here(no heating or hot water),

I have a gravity fed(y-plan) central heating/hot water system heated by a Perrymatics Jetstreme Boiler. We have four radiators upstairs (2 use micro-bore pipework), and five rads. downstairs (3 use micro-bore).

I have just replaced my old circulating pump (Myson Unit Three) with a Wilo Gold 60 (after many hours reading up on this web site!), after the old pump began to make noises and eventually caused a fuse to blow (I, stupidly, let the pump run with the noise, so I think this must have led to the electrical over-load).

My problem now is that the new pump makes a right racket when running(I'm assuming that there is a mass of air in the system after partially draining down to fit the pump). I've bled the pump itself, and the bleed point near the 3-port valve. I can't seem to bleed any of the upstairs rads. When I open the bleed valve's in each rad., no air(or very little) escapes, and then nothing. The water in the system doesn't then begin to fill the rads.? The downstairs rads. are still full (as they were even after I partially drained down). My loft f&e tank is full.

Any help would be very, very welcome.

Sponsored Links
Did you manually open your motorised valve to fill all the heating side.
Try it and then bleed your pump and upstairs rads :D

Thanks for the reply "Bahco",

Just after I wrote my e-mail I thought I'd better check the f&e tank again so as not to waste anyone's time (sorry, but I think I have). I took a torch with me this time and found some un-identifiable dead thing plugging the outlet. When I cleared it from the pipe the system began to fill properly, and I could bleed the upstairs rads. Sorry to waste your time.

Many thank's anyway.

Sponsored Links
:D its a f£kkn nineteen canteen boiler, well, it can be, although i seem to remember a modern equivalent with same name... its an oily thing anyway... :LOL:

Oh right, dont do oil, got enough on with all the gas bollllocks without drowning in smelly oil burners soakingmy skin in carciongens.

:D i rub me..............hands in vaseline intensive care hand & body lotion every night. :D :eek: :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back