Central Heating Boiler Losing Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have been reading this thread as we have had problems with our central heating system losing pressure and had been unable to find a leak. We have added sealant to the system, but has not really helped, our plumber has checked the expansion vessel - no problem there, and checked for leaks - none found, but very pleased to say that the plumber has now found the problem, this is a faulty heat exchange leaking into the condensation pipe (hence no visible damp anywhere) it seems that this very unusual, but it appears to have been the cause of our problem, so I am just putting it out there in case anybody is experiencing similar problems.

Sponsored Links
Hi I have been reading this thread as we have had problems with our central heating system losing pressure and had been unable to find a leak. We have added sealant to the system, but has not really helped, our plumber has checked the expansion vessel - no problem there, and checked for leaks - none found, but very pleased to say that the plumber has now found the problem, this is a faulty heat exchange leaking into the condensation pipe (hence no visible damp anywhere) it seems that this very unusual, but it appears to have been the cause of our problem, so I am just putting it out there in case anybody is experiencing similar problems.
not very unusual , I've had 5 this year already . but your concern should be wondering where has all that leak sealant you put in has ended up too:) .

are you replacing the boiler or replacing the heat/ex ?
what boiler ?

Sponsored Links
not unusual at all, as already said leak sealer is horrible stuff , I would never even consider using it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back