Central Heating Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our current central heating controller allows us to have either water or water/heating but not independant of each other. I want to change this to one that allows water and heating to be controlled independently of each other.

Our current system has a Danfos controller, a Megaflow CL210 unvented cylinder and a Vokera Mynute 28e boiler.

Is this something that is straight forward and therefore can be done myself? if not do I need an electrician or central heating engineer to do the work?

Cheers

Robert

Sponsored Links
it will probably be the valves and piping arrangement that will limit your controls, not the programmer.

you will be looking at introducing some new controls and wiring to suit. get some quotes locally to get the work done, a minimum of three quotes.

You need a Y plan or an S plan mate to have independent heating and hot water.

You might have the correct piping set up but you might not so you would be best advised to have someone look at your set up.

If you don't have the proper pipework your looking at major works.

If you have a Megaflo 210 then there should be a motorised two port valve attached (to meet G3 regs).

Assuming this is the case then to allow any control at all on a pumped *system (*which is a megaflo requirement) there will be at least one other zone valve.

Most Danfoss controllers can control HW and CH separately. I do not know the minutae about Danfoss stuff because we don't fit it, some have a dipswitch in the back to select gravity vs fully pumped. I have seen two progs in the last 12 months swapped under British Gas maintenance where this switch has been left in the wrong position.

If the system does look as I have described in our view the best programmer currently available is the Honeywell 9400 series.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for you help.

So is it a central heating engineer I need to do the work?

Simond - you say on a pumped system, do you mean pumped hot water? I thought on the megaflo the hot water if pressurised using the mains cold water feed.

The controller we have has toggle switch on the front which is either heating/water or water.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back