Central Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have an oil fired central heating system together with a coal fire with back boiler both going into a centralizer/neutralizer.

I disconnected the old water tank and fitted a new water tank heated by two electrical elements.

The problem! I have a water pump connected to a central heating pipe in the loft that is on 24hrs constantly. It comes on when I switch on the power to the Potterson oil central heating system.

The water pump has a thermostat which was connected to the old hot water tank. I put it on the central heating pipe going into the neutralizer thinking it would switch the water pump on and off. No good.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The thermostat was there to measure the water temperature inside the tank. Why didn't you fit it to the new tank? Will cost you a fortune to heat the water via the element(s)

Thanks Armo74

The new water tank is totally isolated from the central heating system and it only provides hot water. I use the little thermostats on the 2 elements to switch them off when water temperature reaches a certain level.

Can I use the thermostat to turn off the central heating and the water pump? Or, do you have any ideas that could save me paying a fortune for this 24/7 water pump. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back