CH/HW Programmer replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old Switchmaster 400 programmer that I'd like to replace to seperate out control of hw and central heating for better effeciency.

I was considering replacing with a Salus EP200, as these are currently very resonable and offer all the functionality I'll need. http://www.salus-tech.com

The system has a Switchmaster cylinder stat, switchmaster 3 port motorised valve, room stat (was switchmaster, but replaced it with Horstmann HRT2 as original was knacked).

What sort of headache am I letting myself in for??

Can anyone point me towards any useful wiring diagrams to help with the transition from the system I currently have, allows hot water on/off or hot water and central heating on/of. To the one I'd like to have seperate hotwater and central heating on/off control.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Admittedly I don’t actually know the brand, but it looks like it is a cheap imitation of a known brand. If my impression is correct, that means it is not a reasonable offer, but just cheap junk.
A good quality timer form an established manufacturer is about 50 quid, over its (longer) lifetime breaks down to less than a penny a day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back