changing a drayton stat to a horstman drt2 programable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,I have opened up my mechanical and old drayton stat and there are four wires - two red and two black (oh and an Earth) the new stat has three connections - how will I connect this up ? I have some wiring diagrams but they don't tell me much ,I thought it would be straightforward but clearly I'm wrong !!!

Sponsored Links
What model of Drayton mechanical stat do you have and to which terminals are the wires currently connected?

the stat is called a Drayton type RTC and has four wires the diagram in the lid says they are heating ,cooling,neutral and line there also appears to be something called R+Acc Heater which appears to be a switch connected to terminal 3 and switching between 1 & 2 ,1 being heating and 2 being cooling ,the one I have bought is a programable stat with 3 contacts - does this make any sense at all ??

Sponsored Links
OK heres all my info :the stat is a Drayton RTC marked on the body is Proscon,the terminals are earth ,then four wires - black,red,black,red - marked in the cover it shows the terminals being 2 1 N and 3 - these are :1=heating,2= cooling,N=neutral,3=Line

for the replacement I have a Horstman DRT2 with 3 terminals marked com,nc and no,the instructions with the the stat say' connect the heater to com and no or nc (depends on type of heater)in most cases com and no are used'

Not sure of what to connect where !!!

From your description, it sounds like the connections you need are:

1 = heating (red) to DRT2 NO
2 = cooling (black) to DRT2 NC
3 = Line (red) to DRT2 COM

The neutral and earth connections are not used and should be stowed away connected into in a two terminal choc block.

OK I'll try that and thank you so much for taking the time to help and reply it's nice to find those who give for nothing are still around !
ATB Ron

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back