Channel 4 - rogue landlords

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished watching the channel 4 documentary on rogue landlords.

Three things struck me:

1) you need five witnesses to say they have known for you fourteen years and you get granted indefinite leave to remain.

2) the big mansion the Acorn Business gobshite owned bought with the proceeds of his property empire whilst the people who were tenants in his properties lived in squalor.

3) the indian landlord in london who rented out damp and dangerous shacks in his backgarden to illegal immigrants, I thought there was solidarity amongst immigrants, maybe I am wrong.

Sponsored Links
This is what our MPs should be sorting out instead of poking our noses into other countries business.

Illegals living in sheds by the thousand, and all the useless bunch in power can enforce is that your car be insured even if it's in your garage...and a smoking ban in pubs.
Billions of pounds to run a country...they couldn't run a tap.

Totally agree raebhoop. The words p**s up and brewery come to mind with all politicians. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
The landlord for me was pretty timid to what my old landlord used to be, informing me in ways of ripping off stuff, to claim lower rent, and falsifying accounts..

He was a burly man..that you wouldn't argue with over your rent. I'm sure a LOT of that goes on. But neither the landlord, nor the tennant would agree to...

When renting, the ex tenant walked in one night, while we were in bed...high on drugs (him), so had to move, and get the locks changed, he had his old key.

That Politician interviewed, knew about the issues, from letters he's received, buty had NO idea about the social impact. He has lived in a mansion all his life...he has never stuck wallpaper up, or cooked a meal, so has no idea what he is talking about.

Back