Children's stories and Part H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was recently reading from a collection of well known children's stories and rhymes when I came across a depiction of a blatant infringement of the building regulations.

The story centers around the repeated ingression of an air-breathing arthropod into an open ended rainwater drainage system that presumably (and this is confirmed by images in the book) is in contravention of section H3 (1 & 3) of the Building Regulations Approved Document Part H.

Encouraging young minds to take a frivolous attitude to such disregard of our current Building Regulations should be frowned upon and I warn all of those out there with children to make sure they are conversant with the aforementioned Drainage and Waste Disposal regulations, especially with regard to rainwater drainage.

Sponsored Links
I've just had a run in with a local building inspector over part h,more precisely the position of vent pies in relation to windows when replacing an already existing stack.

Clonk him on the head with a 4m length of 4" waste pipe....

Sponsored Links
I've just had a run in with a local building inspector over part h,more precisely the position of vent pies in relation to windows when replacing an already existing stack.

If pies are being used for venting then food safety regulations need looking at as well.

[edit] Damn beaten to it :oops:

Meant pipes John.Although a good beef and onion wouldn't go a miss right now

That Hanzel and Gretel story shows a complete disregard for approved building materials , though I'd hate to think where to even start.

I'm just glad I wasn't the joiner who put down Rumplestilztskin's flooring. Where there's a blame, there's a claim!!

That Hanzel and Gretel story shows a complete disregard for approved building materials ,
. Where there's a blame, there's a claim!!
. It`s a true Brit spider :idea: Like the one that kept climbing up in the Spitfire pilot`s cock pit ( He was Rob. Bruce from the Aus. Air Force) Biggles had a similar problem in his cock pit . In the classic story Biggles Flies Undone . What do you expect from Jerry Built houses, anyway . Like their cars . Our Austin Princess could knock them all into a cocked square head helmet :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back