Clearing soil!

L

leeweedon

At the back of our garden is a mountain, well two, for soil. It's about 2m x 6m and raising from 10cm to 70cm high.

I am looking to clear all of this to make the area flat for a path to go around the edges next to the fence.

It's a hell of a lot of soil to move by spade and barrow, it would also cost a lot of money in skips.

I can't get a digger around the back of our property so it's going to be a manual job.

Does anyone know of an easier way to do this? Or can recommend anyone / a service to help achieve this?

I've already done a midi skip full which too me two days and it was only about 15% of the total clearance.

I'm based in Derby so if anyone knows of a "builder" who can help I'd be grateful.

Lee

Sponsored Links
hi you can get a micro digger thats 750mm wide if you have any access to the garden or through your house trust me we have done it.
as for clearing soil away what about muck away your looking at about £100/£180 depends on who you use an carry up to 14tonnes

Sponsored Links
I dont think a "muckaway" grab lorry will get around the back of the house.

I'll investigate the mini digger, but I'd still have to manually move the dirt to the skip at the front.

I think i'm going to have to just pay a pro to do it.... so hard labor must only cost about £4 a hour right? lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back