Cold radiators in new conservatory and extension.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's one for you! I have recently added another 4 rads connected to my system. I upgraded my boiler to cater for extra rads.Since then we decided to put my pump on the next speed to heat up the new radiators in the new conservatory.

In started getting a gurgling nose when my CH comes on. And I could bleed some of my Rads on a daily basis. After a while the pump would start working properly. But I still have loads of air in my Radiators.

Tonight, when I got in, ALL the upstairs rads were full of air and all downstairs rads were cold.

I know a plumber who has suggested putting an automatic blleeding valve on. But I don't think this will get anywhere.

When on the slow speed 3 of my downstairs rads do not get hot at all, two of them are new TRVs.

Any clues?

Sponsored Links
BigHammo said:
Any clues?

You might have done it somewhere, but how about some clues about your system.

Increasing the pump speed is not a cure for most problems. It is set to give the required temperature difference across the boiler. It may be causing the problem by sucking in air.

Sorry,

My system is a Worcester greenstar conventional CDI boiler, Y system with a two way valve with a header tank and pump. My new radiators have TRVs on them. I did have soe sludge in my system which my plumber mate got out.

The pump has a switch on it that switches it to the higher speed. The noise it makes when you switch it to the higher speed is like a gurgling sound every 5 seconds.

My mate has put the automatic bleeding valve on but I still have the problems with the radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back