Cold Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a house that has been extensively refurbished.

I have two radiators that are cold when the rest of the system is warm. All rads are running off TRVs.

One of the cold rads has a warm tail pipe while the other one is completely cold. The are on the first and ground floor.

The plumber who installed the system has told me that this can happen in a new system and has suggested that I turn all the other radiators off and leave these two running for 15mins to flush though and then they should work.

I am not convinced that this is the answer.

Sponsored Links
Won't cost you much to try though, will it??
Do a search on airlock.

Can also be stuck trv's - see faq.

Thanks. I was going to try tonight, but was interested if anyone else had a quick answer

If the rads are full of air turning all others off will force the water to circulate through thoses rads, thus clearing any air. However, if the trv is stuck in a closed position you simply need to free off the pin in the valve. Take the head of the valve and give it a few taps then it should come on.

Sponsored Links
Do a search on this topic, you are bound to find the answer readily available

First question is did they make chemical cleaning when they fit new boiler to remove rest of pastes and all dirty stuff from pipes?
2nd question - what type of boiler You have on the system and what system You have?
Maybe they left pipes (part) old so system need to be powerflush when is new boiler installed otherwise manufacturer can't respect guarantee

Anyway You should go with that what Your plumber said, strange because he should do that...

Please go to that link and check what can happened when Your system is dirty...

Removed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back