Cold water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been told by Salamander to increase my cold water storage capacity to 80 gallons min.I only have 50 at the moment.They have also said i could fit a WSP kit instaed,can anyone tell me what this abbreviation means.

Sponsored Links
Salamander are a manufacturer of water treatment and related items. I dont understand why they are advising you on your plumbing problems particularly apparently without visiting your property.

Can you clarify why they have come to give you this advise?

Tony

WSP = Water Starvation Protection, a water level switch fitted to the cold water storage tank.

If the water level falls low, the pump is inhibited until the level has recovered. It protects the pump against running dry.

Agile said:
Salamander are a manufacturer of water treatment and related items. I dont understand why they are advising you on your plumbing problems particularly apparently without visiting your property.

Can you clarify why they have come to give you this advise?

Tony

Hi Tony.I have an indefinate warranty with them for the pump, after 6 months it started to get a bit noisy so they sent an engineer to have a look at the system.They changed the pump foc but have stipulated i increase my tank to 80 gallons or fit a WSP kit, or my warranty will be void.

Sponsored Links
Crystal said:
WSP = Water Starvation Protection, a water level switch fitted to the cold water storage tank.

If the water level falls low, the pump is inhibited until the level has recovered. It protects the pump against running dry.

Thanks for that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back