Colourwashing etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got good tips & tricks for Colourwashing etc ? Also, what products are best for using with Colourwashing ? Cheers..........I find that Craig & Rose Acrylic Scumble Glaze Slow Set is best, though has anyone used other products !

Sponsored Links
Third...the base coat is crutial, you need something that wont absorb the glaze to quick..I use masonry paint as a base colour..it isnt as absorbent as matt emulsion and it wont cause the glaze to skid when your applying it.

And oil based undercoat is good too...but id suggest giving it a few days to cure off a bit first...

I had a lad using polyvine based glaze with vinyl matt as the colour on a door with oil based eggshell on it (given a light keying first)...the eggshell gave him plenty of time to create the effect he was after (bagging)

Polyvine tropical is good...

For application I use a medium pile roller sleeve..its big enough to get a fair amount on quickly and you get a nice effect...criscrossing it in different directions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back