Combi boiler pressure gauge to-up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I've noticed that my Vokera combi boiler (which does my hot water and central heating) has dropped about 1 bar on the pressure gauge in the past 3 weeks.. is this okay? Why would it drop? - It's pretty cold outside would that effect it? - The pressure is still within the manufactures recommended guidelines (2.5 on the pressure gauge). Should the pressure on the gauge vary? thanks.

OR is this indicitive of a leak?! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
sounds like a leak or a dripping PRV (the pressure relief pipe that exits to the outside).

check the PRV and all the radiator valves first.

What is the normal pressure (when cold) and what is it now (when cold), or what was the pressure when hot and now (when hot).

Fluffster said:
Dropped one bar b****y hell it should only be about that when cold.
P

Sorry, what do you mean? It's sitting at 2.5 right now (and it's been on for a few hours now). - Originally (about 3/4 weeks ago it was 1 bar higher once on, nearer the red mark but not in it..)

Sponsored Links
Usually 1 bar when cold then 2/2.5 bar when heating on as water volume increases with the heat.
What does it read cold.
Your prv should go at 3.5 bar
P

Fluffster said:
Usually 1 bar when cold then 2/2.5 bar when heating on as water volume increases with the heat.
What does it read cold.
Your prv should go at 3.5 bar
P

It reads 1 maybe 1.5 when cold.

Possibly your prv vented the excess pressure.
If it varies again test the expansion vessel pressure, have a look at your boiler maual for details.
P

Fluffster said:
Possibly your prv vented the excess pressure.
If it varies again test the expansion vessel pressure, have a look at your boiler maual for details.
P

OK cheers, I'll keep tabs on it. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back