Combi Hotwater problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a heatline viso 24 combi condensing boiler which i have recently installed about a month ago. I flushed the system when i installed the new boiler. Everything has been working fine until now. When i turn on hot water tap boiler fires ,runs until water gets quite hot then flame dies down and cuts out. boiler will refire after about 10 seconds which leaves me with cooler water when the boiler is not running. Any ideas? i have called heatlines technicial dept they say sounds like a blocked heat exchanger, but the water still flows really well. Could it be the water temp sensor in the boiler?

Sponsored Links
If your heat exchanger is blocked in a month either a really bad install or you live in a chalk mine :LOL:

Are you registered to fit this, if so I think warranty call out would be your first choice after only a month :eek:

yeah i could not see a problem with the heat exchanger not after 1 month thats why i think it must be a problem with the temperature sensor.??

If only 1 month old I would definitley put in a service call. you shouldn't have a fault this early on :eek:

Sponsored Links
just make sure you have a fully completed benchmark book to hand. Some manufacturers will not come out unless this can be inspected :(

i have called heatlines technicial dept they say sounds like a blocked heat exchanger, but the water still flows really well.

They are refering to a blockage on the primary (not domestic) side of the plate heat exchanger.

If it took a whole month before it blocked it was only somewhat dirty.

I went to a new boiler which had blocked after just two days. The pump impeller was clogged and the flow switch was not operating.

Clearly yours has not been powerflushed with the correct chemicals and probably has not even had any inhibitor added.

As for Benchmark and Building Control dont expect anything. Always the problem with a boiler you can buy cheaply, they are installed badly!

I quite like the Heatline. Nice design and very reliable when properly installed.

Tony

system was not powerflushed as a lot of people do not recomend this . And yes i have added inhibitor. the heating side of boiler works fine its just the hot water

heating side of boiler works fine its just the hot water

We read that, yes, we understand, we really do, it's our daily job.

If you had an open vented system before, it's not surprising it only lasted a month, plenty don't.

Can you say who says the system does not have to be cleaned before a new boiler is fitted? There is a good chance a charge will be made for the callout. The Benchmark clearly indicated cleaning and inhibit requirements. Makers can and will refuse free repairs if the requirements are not met.

Last week had a call from a letting agent wanting a quote for a replacement boiler. Was later told their regular plumber was to supply and fit a new boiler for £650.00. I wonder what was fitted, if the change was as per regs, system treatment as per maker's needs/ good practise and if the plumber was really making a profit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back